Monday, June 16, 2014

10 Essentials of A Writers Life





CAFE DUEX MAGOTS 

 PARIS




Erik Larson: Top 10 Essentials to a Writer’s Life

1. Good Coffee: Every writer has a ritual that begins the day. It’s like turning a key to start your car. For me, the key that starts the day is a good cup of coffee, preferably Peet’s Coffee.
2. More Coffee: Alas, I drink as many as five cups a day. And then switch to tea. My teeth are the color of plum-tree leaves.
3. Oreo Cookies: I mean, look, if you have a cup of good coffee, you need an Oreo. Some mornings—the tough ones—I define as two-Oreo days. Double Stuf preferred.
4. A Sense of Pace: Many writers make the mistake of engaging in what I call “binge writing.” They write for 10 hours straight, riding the perfect wave of inspiration. The problem is, you still need to wake up the next day and do it again. Best is to pace yourself. Write for three hours straight, without interruption, then stop.
5. Knowing Where to Stop: My favorite “trick” is to stop writing at a point where I know that I can pick up easily the next day. I’ll stop in mid-paragraph, often in mid-sentence. It makes getting out of bed so much easier, because I know that all I’ll have to do to be productive is complete the sentence. And by then I’ll be seated at my desk, coffee and Oreo cookie at hand, the morning’s inertia overcome. There’s an added advantage: The human brain hates incomplete sentences. All night my mind will have secretly worked on the passage and likely mapped out the remainder of the page, even the chapter, while simultaneously sending me on a dinner date with Cate Blanchett.
6. Blocks of Undisturbed Time: I set aside a minimum of three hours every morning, seven days a week, during which no one is allowed to intrude except to report an approaching cruise missile.
7. Physical Diversion: When I stop writing, I need an escape—something that takes me out of the work and wholly into another realm. My main diversion is tennis, though I also find cooking to be very helpful. Something about chopping onions is very restorative. Dogs are helpful, too. They force you to go outside and confront the weather, although my dog did once eat a 19th-century edition of a British physicist’s autobiography.
8. A Good Library: For all writers, but especially those of us who write  nonfiction, a good library with open stacks is crucial.





ERNEST HEMINGWAY

"A WRITERS WRITER"







CAFFE DANTE

Greenwich Village, New York


MY WRITING ESSENTIALS

Daniel Bellino-Zwicke


1.  A Good Cafe

2. COFFEE

3. My Laptop (Macbook Pro)

4. REESE'S PEANUTBUTTER CUPS





MY FAVORITE CAFFE

CAFFE DANTE








Reese's Peanut Butter Cups










The MARLTON

"COFFEE TIME"

Art by Daniel Bellino Z





GOING to PARIS - NEW YORK - WHEREVER ?




FLIGHTS to PARIS - NYC - ASIA

AIRLINE FLIGHTS & HOTLES 

WORLDWIDE

FLY with  EXPEDIA.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How to Make SINATRA SUNDAY SAUCE ITALIAN GRAVY

Sinatra n Sunday Sauce

   SINATRA & SUNDAY SAUCE ?   Yes, they go together, Francis Albert Sinatra  & Sunday Sauce  ...            ...