Sunday, July 28, 2024

Uh-Oh SpaghettiOs

 



TIMBALLO di ANELETTI SICILIANA


Did You grow up with Spaghetti-Os ??? Yes, many Americans do, and they're not 

so bad as a child growing up, though many Italian-Americans might disdain them.

When it comes to things of my childhood, I usually Love many things now that I love in

my childhood. Things like canned Tunafish, Pop Tarts, and yes "Spaghetti-Os"

I can still remember when our Dad took us to The World's Fair "Expo 67"

in Montreal, Canada. Wow? That was the first time I had ever left the country. I still remember driving up The Northway (Highway) in Northern New York State in my dad's 1958 Cadillac Eldorado. The radio was on as always whenever we were in the car for a ride. All of a sudden the DJ was speaking French. It was a French Canadian Radio Station, broadcasting out of Montreal. That was something quite exciting to us. And if that wasn't enough, after we drove threw customs at the Canadian border and arrived into Canada, a few miles into the Canada, my dad pulled the car over for us to have something to eat.

Among other things, my Dad had a couple cans of Spaghetti-O-s, and he heated them up for us to eat. And now that I think of it, that was the very 1st time I had them (Paghetti-o's). I loved them. They were the Spaghetti-Os with little Hot Dogs in them, and to me, they were delicious.

We drank Pepsi, and had canned Peaches and Drakes Ring Dings" for dessert. "So Good"

This was my introduction to Round Maccheroni Rings, known as Anelletti (or Anelli).

It would take me some 45 years later to discover the real thing.

Basta !!!


.... Daniel Bellino Z ....







"SPAGHETTI-Os"  ???

The REAL THING !!!!

TIMBALLO di ANELLETTI SICILIANA









The Original SPAGHETTI-Os !!!!

SICILIAN TIMBALLO di ANELLETTI alla EVA








NONNA BELLINO'S COOKBOOK

RECIPES From MY SICILIAN NONNA

TIMBALLO di ANELETTI SICILIAN

EGGPLANT CAPONATA

ARANCINI - SICILIAN RICE BALLS

MACCHERONI - MEATBALLS & More












"Uh-Oh" !!!! SPAGHETTI-Os !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How to Make SINATRA SUNDAY SAUCE ITALIAN GRAVY

Sinatra n Sunday Sauce

   SINATRA & SUNDAY SAUCE ?   Yes, they go together, Francis Albert Sinatra  & Sunday Sauce  ...            ...